Some random tidbits:
- I saw Deadpool in the theatre. Verdict: Awesome!
- My friend Petra made me a salad with blood orange & asparagus and combined it with salmon & vanilla mayonaise (!). Mind blowing.
- Kees and I adopted a new system: Terrorist Moscito. Light & possibly canapé Major suit openings, boatloads of symmetric relays and gadgets to my heart’s content.
- After 2 months in my apartment I can genuinely say it fits me like a glove. Home.
Here’s a nice deal. It was the first board in one of the last matches in the teams season. Viking style.
Quite a pure 23-count. What a hand to pick up first thing.
- 16+ hcp
- !H or balanced
- 8-11 hcp, 5 crd !S suit and 6 crd !H suit
- No Aces
- !D King & !S King
- That’s all folks!
It takes years of playing a relay system but some day it will pay off. This was one of those days.
It’s so nice to visualise the declarer play during the auction. I knew Kees could set up my !C suit by ruffing twice and then draw trumps to claim the remainder. This was the full deal:
Kees took some time after West led a !H, but decided any alternative plan, like setting up the !H suit, would run into transportation problems as well as significant dangers of running into (over)ruffs.
He ruffed two !C in his hand, drew trumps and found the friendly split in !C. Taking all.
Now at the other table the opponents found themselves in some hot water after North opened a multi 2!D (intending to show a strong hand with !C) and South asking with 2NT (because of a presumed 11/12 crd fit). Nobody knew how or what to bid next, so with awkward jumps things crash landed in 6NT. I guess somebody was very, very happy with that !H T9 combination.